This paleo pesto chicken is honestly one of my favorite dishes.
The herbs in the pesto, along with the baked tomatoes on top, taste fantastic and really help to make sure that the chicken is juicy and moist when it comes out of the oven.
Serve this along with a hearty salad and you have a delicious meal that everyone will love.
It’s also easy to store in the fridge to eat later or chop up to put in a sandwich with some paleo bread.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: about 30 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 pound of chicken breasts
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sliced tomatoes
1) Pre-heat your oven to 400 F
2) Place the basil, garlic, pine nuts, and olive oil in a blender or food processor and blend on high until it is a smooth consistency
3) Place the chicken breasts on a greased baking pan. Then spread the pesto sauce on top of the chicken and place the tomato slices over the pesto spread
4) Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes and they’re ready for dinner!