Fried chicken must be one of the most universally loved foods in the world.
That’s one of the reasons that many people become terrified of the paleo diet.
They think, “Oh no, I can’t eat fried food anymore?!”
All you have to is substitute those bread crumbs and unhealthy cooking oils for more nutritious alternatives which really isn’t that hard; trust me.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: about 40 minutes
Ingredients (for six wings)
- 6 pieces of chicken
- 1 cup of tapioca flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoons of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ cup of lard or your favorite cooking oil
1) Pre-heat your oven to 350 F
2) Mix the tapioca flour, salt, black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder together in a shallow bowl
3) Roll the chicken in the mix until they have all been thoroughly coated and place on a plate
4) Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat until the lard spatters when a drop of water is placed in it.
5) Gently place the chicken, one by one, with a pair of thongs into the hot oil. Do not crowd the skillet. Fry the chicken in batches to be safe.
6) Place the fried chicken on a wire rack on a baking sheet and place in the pre-heated oven for 20 to 30 minutes to ensure the chicken has been cooked through. Take out and enjoy!